A Day in Davis

12:49 PM

UC Davis Quad Pathway

Today I'm finally announcing here on the blog that I'll be attending UC Davis in the fall! If you know me in real life (which is probably most of you), I know this is old news, but I still felt like I needed to officially post about it here because going to college is huge for me, obviously. Its going to be my life for the next four years so it's best if you all know exactly what's going on with me personally. I'm not sure how blogging is going to translate to my college life, but I'm fully intending to keep it up! We'll see what happens I guess!




Yesterday, my parents and I headed to Davis for the day, not just because I'm going there for college, but simply because we love the town! It's a small college town with a great atmosphere, really friendly people, and lovely shops and restaurants. So we love to head there for the day, since it's pretty close to where I live. My parents love that my going to Davis will give them an excuse to spend more time there.


But first, coffee! Our first stop after arriving in Davis was Temple Coffee Roasters, a cute coffee shop on G Street. They have some really interesting menu items, such as rare teas that I've never even heard of before. My family will tell you that I am fearless when trying new foods. I always try to get something new and different. That being said... yesterday I just ordered a vanilla latte. But next time I promise I'll try something else!


I love the inside of this shop. It's so cute! I sat on one of those stools at the long wood table and wrote in my 52 Lists Project and sipped my vanilla latte. The lemon lavender muffin was really good. Those two flavors pair surprisingly well!


After we had our coffee fill, we headed over to the Davis farmer's market. Lots of people flock to the park on Saturdays to purchase vegetables, eat lunch, or just hang out. The people in Davis are so nice and the atmosphere is really friendly.


All the textures and colors!






I convinced my parents to let me stop and walk through this art store called the Paint Chip. I haven't bought anything there as of yet, but I always get inspired when I walk in an arts and crafts store, especially this one, which definitely has more character than Michael's.


Okay -- now it's time for lunch at Zumapoke! This place was soooo good! Like, really really amazing. It's a build-your-own-bowl Japanese place. You pick up a menu and a pen to create your order, then they assemble it for you. I love sushi, so I went for that, but if you don't like sushi, there are lots of other options. Like I said earlier, I am pretty open to trying new foods, so I tried the seaweed salad and it was actually really good! Everything there was fresh, delicious, and healthy! I highly recommend it.


So that was my weekend adventure! Happy Sunday and I hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment