DIY Camera Strap Cover

3:00 PM




















For Christmas, I received my first "real" camera. So far, it's been amazing! I'm having a lot of fun
playing around with all the manual settings. I was looking on Amazon for some cute camera straps because the one my camera came with was functional, but boring. Then, it came to me. Why buy one when I can DIY one? So that's what I did.






It's not exactly a camera strap. It's a camera strap cover, which is even better! You can make multiple covers with different fabrics and switch them every so often. And you still have your original camera strap! I made mine with this purple floral fabric and it turned out really nice. And it took less than half an hour!

Here's what you need:
  • 4" x 24" rectangle of fabric
  • coordinating thread
  • scissors
  • camera strap
  • sewing machine


Step 1 Lay out the cut piece of fabric. Fold over the long edges about 1/4" and crease. Iron if you wish, but my fabric stayed in place after I creased it. (I didn't feel like getting out the iron!)


Step 2 Repeat with the short ends. Fold and crease.


Step 3 Fold the fabric over your camera strap. Make sure the creases you made earlier are folded in. Pin the long edge in place. Slide the camera strap out.


Step 4 Sew along the long edge, but not the short edges! Back stitch at either end. Slip the cover back on your camera strap.


Now go take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment