My September TBR

7:39 PM




It's officially September!! I've started moving into my new apartment (update coming soon!), school is starting at the end of the month, and fall will be here before we know it (September 22nd is officially the first day!). We are also two-thirds through 2017! Eight months down, four to go.

In celebration of a new month, I thought I'd do something new on the blog today (which I kinda want to start doing at the beginning of every month from now on!) -- share my monthly TBR!

What is a TBR, you ask? TBR stands for To Be Read. It's the list of books that you have on-deck, ones that you plan to read in the near future. Since I have been enjoying a renewed love of reading this year (and am well on my way to reaching my 2017 goal of reading 52 books!), I thought it'd be fun to show you what I'm planning to read this month. There are five books on this list, so it is possible that I won't get to them all. It is also possible that I will become intrigued by another book and abandon the plan completely. But that's all okay! It's as much fun for me to talk about books I want to read as it is for me to talk about books that I have already read.

First one -- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. I have already started this one and I really like it so far. The cover is beautiful (and so is the author's name!). It's about a couple, Mabel and Jack, who decide to start a new life in the Alaskan wilderness. One day, they build a snow-girl and wake up the next morning to see a little girl running through the trees. It's a magical story, but, at the same time, the writing feels sad and mournful. It's like a grown-up fairy-tale.

I am also planning to read Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery. At the start of the summer, I made a resolution to read all of the Anne of Green Gables books before I went back to school in the fall. And guess what?? I'm actually going to do it! This is the last one. I feel happy that I'm going to reach my goal, but also sad because that means that there will be no more Anne in my life! She's been my constant friend for the last four months. BUT, I am looking forward to reading Christmas with Anne, which isn't technically part of the series, but still has some of the same characters. I'm going to wait on that one until the holidays come around because I think it will be so much more fun to read then!

This next one has caused quite a stir in the reading community, and honestly, I'm a little late to the party, but I feel like I must still read it because apparently everybody else has! Besides, I am a little curious about all the controversy this book has brought up. It is Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee. I walked past a whole shelf totally dedicated to holding a dozen copies of this book (apparently my library ordered a ton of them!). I felt as though I just had to pick it up after that.

Once and for All is Sarah Dessen's newest book. It was published in June. I've always liked Sarah Dessen's books, but I haven't picked one up in a while, so I'm anxious to get back into it with this one.

Finally, this month I also want to read The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See. I have heard amazing reviews about it from family members, plus I'm taking Modern Chinese Literature this fall, so I'm hoping that this book really gets me in the mood for the class. Besides, I've read Lisa See before and I know that she is a fantastic author.

So that's everything! Sorry I didn't get this post up until now. I've been super busy this weekend moving into my new apartment. Then I spent the whole afternoon working on a super fun project that I'm hoping to share very soon (possibly next week or the week after!). I can't wait for you guys to see it. But until then, have a wonderful week and an awesome Labor Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment