Bullet Journal Update

8:00 AM

 
Is it really July 2nd? I can't believe we're halfway through 2017, but since we are, I thought it'd be fitting to share an update on my bullet journal! I started it in January (check out this post!) using the Leuchtturm 1917 notebook I got for Christmas. This is my very first bullet journal, but it definitely won't be my last, because I am loving it so far! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with it, but I've made it halfway through the year with no problems! It is so fun! You can make it as fancy or as simple as you want, depending on how much time you have to spend on it. I just love how its 100% customizable.
 




Here is my table of contents. As you can see, its grown a lot since I last posted a picture of it. I'm still using the pens that I talked about in my last bullet journal post: the black FriXion erasable gel pen and the Tombow brush pen.


I also went crazy with the decorative tape, especially after I got a big box of it at Michael's! It really adds so much color and pattern to each page!


As you probably already know, I've been practicing hand lettering a lot this year as part of the 100 Day Project, so bullet journaling has been especially fun for me. On all of my monthly overview pages, I include a favorite quote of mine, like the one pictured above.



For these two pages, I used the Tombow brush pen to write the date. I love how it looks, especially paired with a thinner Faber-Castell pen.



This page is located in my bullet journal right after finals week! I made it a couple weeks before the end of school and looked forward to the day that I could finally turn to it.

 
Here is the list of all the books I've read this year! This is one of my favorite pages in my bullet journal. I just love recording each book as I finish it. Surprisingly, I haven't been able to read much this summer since I've been so busy! But I'm sure that as soon as I settle into a routine I'll be back at it again.
 
As the year has gone on, I've started to realize how perfect bullet journaling is for me! It's a great way to practice hand lettering and provides a fun creative outlet for me during the week. It has actually made school a lot more fun, and has kept me sane during the busier parts of the school year. Even though school has ended, I'm still planning to use my bullet journal to plan fun things, like blog posts, in addition to keeping track of my summer work schedule. Bullet journaling is so flexible, so you can basically use it for anything. I don't think I'll ever go back to buying boring old planners!

No comments:

Post a Comment