100 Day Project Update!

10:37 AM


Here we are, at day 48 of the 100 Day Project!! You know what that means: I'm almost halfway done! If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out this previous post. Basically, I decided to participate in the 100 Day Project this year. I chose hand lettering as my challenge. (My hashtag is #100DaysofHandLetteringbyTrina, if you want to see all of the days so far.)

Since I am practically halfway done, I thought I'd share a little update here on the blog and talk about some of my favorite supplies that I've been using these past 48 days!



But first, some general thoughts about the 100 Day Project. So far I'm really loving it. I try to sit down and do it right away each morning before class. It is such a fun way to start the day! I just sit down at my desk with some tea and listen to something I love. Some of my favorite things to listen to are a Harry Potter audiobook, Tigers in the Sky, Frannerd YouTube videos (I loved this recent video of hers), or, of course, the Hamilton soundtrack (that's what I went with earlier today). It is such a peaceful ten to twenty minutes, no matter what the final result turns out to be. And believe me, I've loved some days more than others. But, staying true to the philosophy of the 100 Day Project, I post something every day, whether I like it or not. 


Now, onto talking about some of my favorite supplies!

Royal Brushes // This is such a great pack of brushes because it includes every size of brush you could ever need and is super inexpensive as far as brushes go. I have been warned against buying cheap brushes, but honestly they seem to suit my purposes just fine.
Winsor & Newton Pocket Box // This is such a cute little watercolor box! Its the perfect size for me, since I'm often travelling back and forth between home and college. 
Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pens // These are the best black pens ever! I use them for everything -- addressing envelopes, writing in my planner, heading my notes for school. Of course, they are also great for art. I often use them to add definition to letters or add little details like lines or dots. 
Tombow Black Brush Pen // This is definitely my all-time favorite brush pen. It works so well and is super easy to use.
Tombow Dual Brush Pens // These pens are great because each one has a fine tip and a brush tip. Plus, they come in so many colors. (Check out the Tombow USA website to see all of them!) Another use that I've recently been experimenting with is how they can be used almost like watercolors! Simply using a brush dipped in water reactivates the ink and allows you to give it a watercolor effect.
Canson Mix Media 138 lb Paper // I discovered this paper after realizing that I was going to need a lot more paper if I was really going to complete 100 days of hand lettering! I like using the Tombow dual brush pens along with watercolor, and this paper is great for that. Plus, watercolor paper can be expensive, but this one comes with 30 sheets, is relatively inexpensive, and is the perfect paper weight for hand lettering. 
Lady Alamo Zip Pouch // I got this Lady Alamo pouch at an Etsy craft fair in San Francisco and I love it!! It's big enough to store all of my endless pens and markers and paintbrushes. (The little Winsor & Newton pocket box also fits in nicely!) I can tell that its really good quality too. Another bonus is that the inside is waterproof, which means I don't have to worry about sticking still-wet brushes inside.
Talenti Gelato Container // This item is totally random, but I just wanted to share my discovery: empty Talenti gelato containers are the best water containers for painting! They are the perfect size, they're pretty durable, and they come with lids. 






I hope you've enjoyed following along with me! Wish me luck for the next 52 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment