FIRST BLOGIVERSARY! + Video

5:44 PM




The Yellow Mailbox is one year old today! So, of course, I baked it a cake and bought a candle from Party City to celebrate. It just made sense.

Sure, I'm ridiculous, but I love my blog. And I love blogging. A year ago, I sat down on my beanbag and used Blogger to start a blog. Now, my thoughts and weekends revolve around my blog. It has been a great experience so far. Plus, this cake was delicious. I used this buttermilk cake recipe and this vanilla buttercream recipe.

So I want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me and my blog. It's grown up so much in it's first year of existence. But that wouldn't be the case if it wasn't for the huuuuuge support from friends and family that I've received. You know who you are. Thanks a bunch. You are beyond amazing.

Alright. So originally, I wrote a huge long post for today, but in the end, I threw it out. (Well, I didn't throw it out, I'm planning to recycle it in a few weeks.) But I had a better idea. On a whim, I made a little behind-the-scenes video documenting my first blogiversary. At first, it was just going to be for fun, as a memory for me. I took a smattering of random, short video clips and pieced them together. But then... I really liked how it turned out. So long story short, here is a quick video I want to share with all of you lovely readers. I hope you enjoy seeing the behind-the-scenes of how I do the photo-shoots around here. And thanks for helping me celebrate my first blogiversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment