Camping Hack: Eggs in a Bag

5:11 PM



Camping is a summer tradition in my family. I love retreating to a beautiful mountain lake and spending time with my family and with myself--painting, reading, and taking pictures. Nature has a way of making everything else in life feel far away and unimportant.

But I think we can all admit that camping can be a little hard. Not for super outdoorsy people like Bear Grylls, perhaps, but it is for the average person (that's me). I mean, you're living outdoors for a few days, without most modern conveniences. No refrigerator, no TV, no Wifi, no AC (though during my last camping experience, the heater was most missed). It's not impossible by any means to sacrifice those things, but I'll be the first to admit it isn't easy.

One of the hardest things about camping is planning meals and packing food. (Luckily for me, however, most of that chore is left to my dad.) Wouldn't it be great if you could just put all the ingredients in a bag, place it in a pot of boiling water, and out comes a meal? But wait... it is possible! Introducing: eggs in a bag. Eggs in a bag is a super easy breakfast idea because it's easy and delicious and each person gets to chose their own mix-ins!

Here's how:


Crack two eggs into a plastic Ziploc bag. Add whatever cheese, meat, vegetables, and seasoning you want.


Close up the bag and use your figures to mix up the ingredients.


Dip the bag into a pot of boiling water. Keep an eye on it as it cooks, moving it around every so often. It takes about 10-15 minutes to cook.


When it's finished, it will easily slide right out of the bag, ready to eat!
Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment