DIY Letter Pillow

1:24 PM

 

I've recently been browsing the Internet for potential dorm room decor. Half the things I search up I don't even plan on buying, but it's really fun to window shop and dream about my new space. But, of course, DIYs are even more fun! This one is perfect for decorating your bedroom (and its going to look great in my dorm room this fall!).

I especially love this DIY because it's personal and you can customize it! The color and patterns of the fabric are up to you. I absolutely loved this floral pattern (and, especially since I only needed 1/3 yard, it cost me no more than $3!). Another idea: coordinating fabrics to create an entire word!

For this project, you'll need:
  • 1/3 yard of fabric
  • scissors
  • pencil
  • sewing machine
  • hot glue gun 


Step 1: Start by folding your fabric in half, with the right sides facing. Using a pencil, draw your initial (or whatever letter you want) on the fabric. 


Step 2: Next simply cut along the lines you've drawn. Again, make sure that the fabric is folded over so that you're cutting through two layers.


Step 3: After you have your fabric cut, place the right sides together and sew along the edges. Leave a 3-inch slit somewhere so that you can turn it inside out and stuff it. In the above picture, I drew a bracket where I chose to put my slit. I found that this location made it easy to stuff it afterward. Turn your pillow inside out and start by stuffing the corners, then work your way closer and closer to the slit. After you're done, use hot glue (or a slip stitch if you're fancy) to close up the slit. Make sure you fold the edges in to get a clean seam.


That's it! I actually really liked this DIY because it was easy and turned out really good! By the way, if you're loving that flamingo pillow in the picture, check out the tutorial here (it's also one of my favorite DIYs!).

No comments:

Post a Comment