My First Quilt

8:00 AM



I did it!!! I have just completed my very first quilt. And I am in love with it! I am so so pleased with how it turned out! I started working on it on July 21st, went on vacation for a week, then came back and finished it on August 17th. All the hard work was so worth it, and makes the finished product all the more special in the end.

This quilt is a treasure that I will have for the rest of my life. That being said, it was made to be used. I'm not going to try to preserve it in any way. I'll bring it outside, I'll let the cat sit on it, I'll let my future kids crawl on it, I'll bring it on roadtrips. It will soak in my life as I live it, and it will be with me all the way through. No matter how worn and ragged it gets, I'll keep it forever.



I absolutely love the colors I chose. It was such a hard decision, but it turned out so nice! And I think the dark blue border around the edge makes it look so professional and finished.



The pattern I used was Elise Joy's triangle quilt. I used 100% cotton fabrics from Joann's and Mountain Mist 100% polyester quilt batting.


At the very end, I used dark blue embroidery thread to add my initials and the year. It was such a fun finishing touch! Right when I pulled my needle through the last bit of my signature, my audiobook ended! It was such a funny coincidence.

I know that this quilt will not be the last one that I make in my life, but it will always be extra special to me because it was my first. Thank you for following along with me on this quilt-making journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment