SECOND BLOGIVERSARY!

8:15 AM







It's March 8th today, which means that this blog just turned two!! Remember my first blogiversary? Well, I've kept up my little cake-baking tradition. I love baking cakes, but I never have a good reason to do so. But for this occasion, I baked chocolate cake and yellow cake and used this checkerboard cake tutorial from Brit + Co. I think it turned out pretty good and would use it again!

Like I said, I never have an occasion to bake layer cakes, so I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to making and assembling them. I was supposed to cut off the rounded tops of each layer so that they were flat and the layers stacked neatly, but I couldn't bring myself to waste all that cake! So, the cake may be shaped a bit oddly, but there's nothing that rainbow sprinkles can't fix!

I've been playing around with the idea of changing the blog up a little bit, either by redesigning the website or renaming it, or both. It's sort of like when you first get a new lock screen for your phone, and its fun and you notice it every time you turn your phone on. But after a while, it gets sort of old and boring. That's why I want to shake things up a bit. We'll see what I come up with, but for now I just wanted to pop onto the blog real quick and celebrate my second year of blogging!

Hope your week is going well! I'm in the middle of the ninth week of winter quarter, so finals are coming up soon, then I'll be off on spring break! I'm looking forward to having a bit of time off before returning for my last quarter of freshman year.

So here we are. I've already had this blog for two years and I've already almost completed my first year in college! As Gretchen Rubin said in The Happiness Project, "The days are long, but the years are short." I couldn't agree more!

No comments:

Post a Comment