Ceramics Inspiration

7:00 AM


Guess what?? I get to take a ceramics class next quarter!! I'm super excited!! I'm definitely expecting a steep learning curve (those kick wheels look intimidating!), but I think it's going to be lots of fun once I get the hang of it, and it's something completely new that I've never tried before! And since I'm moving out of the dorms and into an apartment next year, it will be so fun to have some handmade dishes to fill the shelves!

The first thing I do when I'm feeling creatively inspired is, of course, make a Pinterest board! I started a ceramics board a few weeks ago and have been loving all of the gorgeous ceramics out there! I thought I'd make this little collage of inspiration to share here. My absolute favorite piece in this collage has to be that little planter guy (top left). He's so adorable! I cannot get over him. Looking back on this collage, I also found that I am really into gold accents. I'm not sure if I'll have access to gold paint as part of this class, but if I do, I'm definitely going to add it to basically everything.

Two projects that would be fun to start out with are those ring dishes (bottom left) or some tea bag rests. They're practical and look pretty simple to make (whether they actually are or not is a different story!).

I've tried to tag as many sources as I could below, so feel free to check them out! You can even buy some of the ceramics pictured above (I've typed those in bold), so if you love ceramics, but want to skip the DIY bit, there you go!

Sources (from top to bottom, left to right)
planter (??) // ring dishes // mixing bowls // pink and gold plates // light blue-green mugs // green and white mugs // dark blue mugs // black and white mugs with gold handles (??) // navy and coral mugs // large mixing bowl // cactus ring dish

No comments:

Post a Comment