Kanken Backpack Review

12:06 PM


Today I'm posting something a little different: a product review! Specifically, I'm going to be talking about the Fjallraven Kanken backpack, which I've been using since December. I'd wanted one for what felt like ages and now that I finally have one, I'm happy to say that it's as great as I thought it'd be!

I think I should start by saying that I have a bit of a backpack obsession. I just love them so much! I can't really explain it, but backpacks are just one of those things that are so much fun for me to buy. I also love looking at everyone else's backpacks while I'm walking or biking to class.

Over my many years in school, I have had lots of different backpacks, but I think this one takes the cake. It's more unique than your basic JanSport backpack and comes in so many fun colors (granted, mine is gray so it's not like I went too crazy).




One thing I love about this backpack is how much it holds. I guess I should say here that I got the big size, so it is significantly larger than the classic size, but I'd recommend it if you need to carry a lot of stuff for school. (There are also lots of other sizes, as well as ones that come with laptop sleeves, though the Kanken big backpack, the one I have, is large enough to fit my 15" laptop comfortably.) On my last overnight trip to my grandparents' house, I was able to fit all of my things (clothes, bathroom supplies, books etc.) in my backpack. It also easily fits everything that I need for school. I'm planning to do a "What's In My Backpack" post soon, so stay tuned for that!


Since I'm often riding my bike around campus after it gets dark, another plus of this backpack is that the logo and a silver strip along the bottom of the backpack, below the small pocket, are both reflective. Another plus: it's waterproof! So in the rain, you don't have to worry about all of your school things getting soaked. This is especially useful for me because I almost always have a novel in my backpack that I borrowed from the library.


This is unrelated to the actual backpack, but I've recently become obsessed with enamel pins. They are so so so fun! I got the narwhal pin and "swish and flick" pin from Nutmeg and Arlo on Etsy and am definitely planning to add more in the future! Perhaps I'll start a little collection! I was really worried about them falling off during the day, so I actually hot-glued the backing of each pin to the backpack so that they don't fall off!



One possible complaint concerning this backpack is that the water bottle holder is super narrow, so a lot of water bottles won't fit. However, I got lucky and my Swell water bottle fits perfectly!! Standard, 16.9 oz. plastic water bottles fit, too. Also, as another note, you can see the silver reflective strip that I mentioned earlier really well in this picture.

As you can tell, I pretty much have nothing but positive things to say about this backpack! I plan to use it for a very long time and highly recommend it for anyone looking for a new backpack.

That's it for today! See you next Sunday for another post!

6 comments:

  1. Hi there! Do you have the 9oz. SWELL water bottle of the 17oz? I have the same problem with fitting a water bottle in the Kranken side pockets and I want to order the right size. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. which swell water bottle fit? i'm going to hawaii soon and would love to know which size you got! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soft black briefcase is also very classy. Some designs or colors may be trendier https://www.briefcasebash.com/best-briefcase-macbook-pro-13/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your backpack in the color Fog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great info except that you forgot to mention what size Swell bottle fits Kanken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. heavy-duty clear backpack I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete