My Word of the Year

12:23 PM


Happy 2017! It is currently New Year's Eve as I type this. I'm sitting by the fire, about to watch Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with my family. My mom, sister, and I made our annual trip to Barnes and Noble to buy our discounted 2017 calendars, I've started my bullet journal (more details on that later!), and, of course, I've chosen my new word of the year!

I listened to Elise Joy's podcast episode on choosing a word, looking for inspiration, and decided to steal Elise's 2016 word, enough. There are so many ways to apply it. The main ways I'm applying my word is:

I am enough.
I do enough.
I have enough time.

The first statement, I am enough, is to remind me to be myself and not worry about being more "funny" or "pretty" or "smart". Even though I'm not perfect and there are, of course, many ways I can improve, who I am at this time is enough and there's no need to drive myself crazy trying to be perfect all the time in order to impress people.

The second statement, I do enough, is all about realizing that I don't have to do it all. I don't have to participate in a dozen clubs, have a part-time job, take 21 units per quarter, get straight A's, and play intramural sports. Of course it's good to get involved, but it's also good to get enough sleep and have some free-time.

Last, I have enough time is a challenge for me to find the time for things that I think are priorities. The only reason I say that I don't have time for something is because it's not important enough for me to spend time on it. I always make time for things I really want to do, because they're my priorities. So I need to realize what my priorities are, make time for them, and let go of the rest. 

So that's what I'll be working on this year! Happy 2017! I'm excited to see what will happen in the next year. After 2016, I can only imagine what exciting times are to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment