My 2017 Bullet Journal

2:37 PM


It's official -- I've hopped on the bullet journal bandwagon! In case you haven't heard of bullet journaling before, this article from Real Simple explains it pretty well. Basically, it's a compilation of every list you might need: grocery lists, wish lists, To-Do lists, book lists, chore lists, etc. You can get artsy with it or keep it simple. The bullet journal is customizable and flexible. It can be whatever you need it to be. 

The photos in this post were taken before I went back to school, and my bullet journal has since filled up a lot more, but I think you'll still be able to get the idea. So, without further ado, let's start the tour of my 2017 bullet journal!





First things first: the notebook. I got a Leuchtturm 1917 blank A5 notebook in the color emerald. It's perfect for bullet journaling because all the pages are numbered for you and it comes with a blank table of contents at the front. It also has an elastic band to keep it closed and two ribbon bookmarks. So far it's been wonderful! It's a good quality notebook and it's the perfect size. You can sort of see pen marks from the other side of the paper, but they don't bleed through and that's the most important thing.

Second: the pens. By far the pen that I use the most is my black FriXion erasable gel pen. It looks great on the paper and I get all the benefits of writing with a pen while still being able to erase if I make a mistake. Another fun pen to use is the Tombow brush pen. (Both are pictured in the photo at the top of this post.)


As I said earlier, the Leuchtturm notebook comes with a table of contents already laid out for you, which is really convenient.


I decided to put my New Year's resolutions on the first page of my bullet journal to help me remember them throughout the year. One thing I find helpful when picking a word of the year (this year, mine is 'enough') is to write down the dictionary definition. The definition of 'enough' is "equal to what is needed". I find that referring back to the meaning of the word is useful when trying to apply it. I also wrote a quote by one of my favorite bloggers, Elise Joy, vertically along the side: "I believe in fresh starts, big dreams, and getting your goals down on paper."


Next I made a January overview page. This is where I plan to write down bigger things: events, midterms, trips, deadlines, etc.


And finally we come to the weekly spread. Pictured is the very first week of January. I was still on break, so I only needed one page for the whole week, but since then, I have switched to using a full two-page spread for one week. I love drawing boxes next to each thing on my To-Do list because marking each box with an 'X' after I complete the task is so satisfying.


Lastly, here are the back few pages of my bullet journal. Starting from the last page, I designated a few pages for specific lists that I'll add to throughout the year. So far, I have Favorite Purchases, Favorite Moments of 2017, Movies I Loved, Movies I Want to See, Birthdays, and Books Read. These lists will be fun to look back on at the end of the year!

That's it so far! I can post an update later in the year, but that's my current set-up at the moment! If you want more inspiration, check out this Instagram hashtag. You can also find my bullet journal board on Pinterest here.

Previous Posts:
What I Got For Christmas
My Word of the Year

No comments:

Post a Comment