DIY Tissue Paper Flowers

7:59 AM


I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I have an unexplainable obsession with a certain pink bird. I also have an 18th birthday coming up. So it just made sense to have a flamingo-themed birthday party! To go with the theme, I made these DIY tissue paper flowers. I am now officially hooked on using tissue paper to make party decorations! They are cheap, easy, and fun to make! Follow along below to see how to make them yourself!




Materials:
  • 2 sheets of tissue paper per flower
  • stapler
  • scissors


Step 1: Lay out two sheets of tissue paper on top of each other.


Step 2: Fold it in half lengthwise.


Step 3: Fold it in half widthwise.


Step 4: Find the corner without a fold (where you can still separate the layers). Fold this corner towards the opposite corner to form a triangle.


 Step 5: Cut about a quarter-inch off the two legs of the triangle. Don't cut along the longest side (or the hypotenuse, if you're familiar with geometry terms!).


Step 6: Unfold the triangle back to the square. You should now have separate squares of tissue paper.


Step 7: Fold it accordion-style.


Step 8: Staple the middle together.


Step 9: Cut the ends so that they're curved.


Step 10: Expand the folds.


Step 11: Separate each layer, one at a time.


Step 12: Play around with it until it looks the way you want it to look.


That's it! I've found that making these in front of the TV is actually quite therapeutic! Once you get in the groove, they prove very fast to make. I got a pack of 20 sheets of tissue paper for just a couple dollars at Party City, so they're quite cheap as well. Perfect for my upcoming flamingo party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment