Random Ramblings: Books, Music, and Style

7:39 AM

Hi. I didn't feel like posting a normal blog post today. So I wrote this. Just some random things for you to read. About me. About life.

To start off, I just finished Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella. All I'll say is: I've never related to a book so much before.


So, with the end of one book comes the start of a new book. I started All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I am so excited to read this book. Like, just writing this right now is making my heart jump. My favorite book of all time is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I have a feeling it will be similar.



Speaking of books, I started following the Blue Eyed Biblio on Instagram. She just posts pictures of books. And its great.


Oh! I got a Pinterest. You should check it out... I already have like over 150 pins. (I'm obsessed.) And while we're on the topic of social media, here's my Instagram.

So Fall is this Wednesday. I'm excited for the change of seasons. (As awesome as it would be to live in Hawaii, I would seriously miss the seasons.) I created an Autumn Bucket List (Autumn sounds cooler than Fall) that I'll share on Wednesday.

So I am obsessed with Alessia Cara. I've basically been listening to her songs on repeat for a few weeks now... I was driving at night on Friday and let me just say that her songs go perfectly with driving in the dark. I dare you to try it and tell me otherwise.


Another obsession of mine: this Etsy shop. I'm getting the ice cream necklace ASAP. You get to choose the flavors!! Ahhhh! I also follow her on Instagram. It's become one of my favorite Instagram accounts. She basically has my dream life. Complete with a big, fluffy cat.


I started watching this Food Network show called the Great Food Truck Race. And now I desperately want to get a food truck.

I bought an ice cream maker from Amazon a while ago. Let me just say its the best money I've ever spent! I literally make ice cream every Saturday. My family and I have a system going. My dad chooses the flavor one week, then my sister, then my mom, then me. Don't worry: I will be sharing recipes! Trust me, I have a lot. (I've made lemon ice cream, butter pecan ice cream, chocolate ice cream, cheesecake ice cream, vanilla bean ice cream, banana chocolate chip ice cream, mint chip ice cream, and probably more that I am currently forgetting...) Chilling in the refrigerator right now is my dad's most recent request: banana peanut butter chocolate chip chocolate ice cream. I'm kind of making it without a recipe. So.... we'll see how this goes...

This is one of my new favorite YouTubers. Will Darbyshire. He's a great photographer. Watch his travel videos. They're beautiful. And all his other videos. They're beautiful, too.


I am in love with bohemian style. I don't know if I can pull it off, but I want to try.


I'm making a gallery wall for my room. I bought a ton of frames at the thrift store for like a dollar each, painted them, then made some artwork and quotes to put in them. I think it's going to turn out nice. I'm painting the frames black, pink, and blue, so its going to be really colorful. Also I fell in love with my blue paint. It's called Bahama Blue. I got it at Michael's and it's so pretty!!

So I guess that's all for now. I felt like I had a lot of random stuff to say, so I decided to say them here. Thanks for listening! (I'm assuming that if you're reading this, you made it all the way to the end--or maybe just skipped to the bottom...).

I'll be posting on Wednesday! Keep your eyes peeled for some fall-themed posts in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment