Peach Pie

8:46 AM


Can summer please just stay forever? I haven't gotten my fill of sun and pools and flip-flops and skirts!

In an attempt to snag at the rapidly disappearing rays of summer, I decided to make this peach pie. It was actually really spontaneous. I was at a produce stand and saw the piles and piles of ripe, yellow-orange peaches and it just sort of went from there.









Peeling and slicing the peaches got kinda messy, with all the sweet peach juice dripping through my fingers. But that's the sign of yummy peaches!



I decided to get all fancy and arranged the peach slices in a spiral. You by no means have to do this. Unless you want to.




Here are the ingredients:

Trader Joe's Gourmet Pie Crust (both pie crusts, thawed to room temperature)
1 egg, beaten
5 large sliced and peeled peaches
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter

No comments:

Post a Comment