Video Recipe: Carrot Cake!

8:03 AM



Once again, happy Sunday!

Today I'm going to do things a little different. Instead of sharing a written post, I'm going to share a video post! In the video below, I will show you how to make a delicious carrot cake I found in the book Teens Cook Dessert. (It's a great dessert recipe book. I recommend it even if you're not a teen...) So go ahead and click play to learn how to make this yummy cake. If you need to see the recipe in writing or the measurements for all the ingredients, I have it down below the video for you.

Enjoy!



Note: I only had jumbo raisins, so I used a knife to chop them up into smaller pieces.

Here's the recipe in case you didn't catch it in the video.

Ingredients:

For the cake
  • 3/4 cup walnuts
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
  • 1 3/4 grated carrots (that's 2-3 carrots if you're grating them yourself)
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 2 1/3 cups flour
For the frosting
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Step-by-Step
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x13 baking pan.
  2. Chop the walnuts and place them in a large bowl. Add the eggs. Use a fork to break up the yolks. Next, add the vegetable oil, carrots, pineapple, coconut, and raisins. Stir until combined.
  3. Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar. Stir. Add the flour and mix until incorporated.
  4. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes. When the center springs up when lightly pressed, you know it's done.
  5. Let the cake cool completely. Meanwhile, make the frosting. Place the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl and use a mixer to combine. Then, add the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
  6. Spread the frosting over the cake using a spoon.
Hope you love this cake as much as I did. My family thinks its one of their favorite recipes that I've made. It was super fun filming and editing this video! I must say that it was a lot of work though. I appreciate all those YouTubers so much more now.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment