The Best Fluffy Waffles

7:27 AM



It's summer! You know what that means...

More time for breakfast! During the school year, all I have time for is a bowl of microwavable oatmeal, and occasionally a smoothie. But now, I can make a delicious breakfast for my whole family. Bring on the waffles!

I haven't made waffles often in the past, but with the discovery of this recipe, I know that I will in the future. They are so delicious! Beating the egg whites before adding them to the waffle mix makes the waffles extra fluffy.



Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/3 cups flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 2 eggs, separated
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 3/4 cups milk

This recipe is super easy. Start by whisking the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a large bowl.

Next, separate the eggs. Put the yolks in with all the dry ingredients and the whites in a new bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites until fluffy. This takes a few minutes.




Now, add the butter and milk to the dry ingredients. Finally, fold the fluffy egg whites into the mixture. Pour the batter onto a hot waffle iron and wait for your glorious waffles to bake.

Every waffle maker is different. I used a George Foreman Grill with a removable waffle iron. Since it was removable, I took it off the grill when the waffles were done and flipped the finished waffles onto a plate. If you are using a standard waffle maker, use a spatula to lift the waffle onto a plate. Also, spraying the waffle iron right before pouring the batter on helps the waffles come off without sticking (I used non-stick olive oil spray). Check your waffle maker's manual for instructions specific to the one you own. My waffles were done in about 3-4 minutes. Baking the first batch was a little rocky, but by the last batch, I had the hang of it, and you will too!




Top your finished waffles with strawberries, blueberries, bananas, almond butter, honey, maple syrup, powdered sugar, or butter!

Cheers to summer breakfasts!
See ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment