Ten of My Favorite Things

7:30 PM

Hi everyone! This week I wanted to share with you ten of my favorite things--from music to food to books! Hope you enjoy!

1.) My first favorite thing is something I splurged on at Sephora. A face mask. It's literally a big wet tissue that fits your face. Yes, I know it sounds dumb, and I looked ridiculous (and somewhat scary) wearing it, but my skin felt so nice and clean afterward! I bought the green tea mask for $6  (I know, I splurged!), but there are lots more to try as well. Honey, lotus, ginseng, pomegranate...


2.) My second favorite has to be this nail polish spray from Target. It's amazing. You let your nails dry for one minute, then spray it on and voila! Your nails are practically dry (I say practically because you still have to be a tad careful not to smudge them).


3.) Next up is music! My all-time favorite singers/bands are Meghan Trainor and OneRepublic. I went to a OneRepublic concert last summer and it was literally one of the best nights of my life. And Meghan Trainor is just amazing. Her songs are so catchy.

4.) Okay, my fourth favorite thing is Zig Memory System markers. They are the best markers I've come across in my seventeen years on Earth. They have a thicker marker on one end and a thinner one on the other. They are similar to Sharpies, but they don't bleed through paper when you write with them.



5.) Next is my favorite YouTuber! I love to watch YouTube videos in my spare time (the little that I have). And my favorite is Zoella. She usually posts a video once a week. Find her channel here. Also, her blog is fun to browse occasionally, but she hardly updates it. I read her book, Girl Online, and it was surprisingly quite good.

 

6.) Books! I love books. I love having conversations about books. I like reading books. I like looking at books. There are so many good ones, but I think one of the most powerful and thought-provoking and intriguing and inspiring books I have ever read is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. If you want a quick read, I don't recommend it, but it is so good and so worth your time! The movie is not as good as the book, but still incredible.


7.) TV show time! My top TV shows are BBC Sherlock, Downton Abbey, and Rizzoli and Isles. They are all so amazing! Sherlock and Rizzoli and Isles are both detective shows. Rizzoli and Isles is not as well-known. It's is about a detective and her best friend, the brainy medical examiner, who solve crimes together in Boston. Downton Abbey is about an aristocratic family and their servants living in England during the time before, during, and after WW1. Don't let all that history turn you away. It is full of drama, gossip, romance, everything one would want in a TV series.


8.) Any tea-lovers out there? I love tea, especially during the wintertime. My tea-brewing world was completely turned upside-down when I started using an electric tea kettle.


9.) Overnight Oatmeal is by far my favorite breakfast. I eat it practically every morning. The recipe is simple. The night before, combine 1/2 cup of oats and 1/2 cup of milk in a jar and screw on the top. Leave it in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, take the lid off and pop in the microwave for one minute. After that, mix in your favorite add-ins. Now enjoy your delicious healthy breakfast!


10.) Okay, my last favorite is going to be another book. I know I already wrote about my favorite book, but this is technically a series. Its called The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I recently checked it out from the library and I really like it. I finished book 3 yesterday and have already started book 4. I know the title sounds strange, but don't let it deter you! I highly recommend it to any girl who likes to read contemporary fiction. Its about four friends and their adventures during the summer. I have also watched the first movie and it was great. Not as great as the book, but what movie-adaptation is? (Am I right, book-lovers?)

                                            

Well, I hope you enjoyed this post! I sure liked writing it! See you next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment