Thrift Store Haul

4:46 PM


One of my favorite things to do is go thrift shopping. You never know what you're going to come away with! This past week, I headed to my favorite thrift shopping spot, an affluent town about half an hour away from where I live. (Affluent towns are perfect for thrift shopping because a lot of the items are either in really good condition or hardly used at all.) I always find something fun, and its always a surprise! The best part about thrift shopping? It's guilt-free!

I decided to share my latest thrift store finds on the blog. (Plus this was good Photoshop practice! I'm still trying to get the hang of it.) So I hope you find some inspiration!

//one// Thrift stores are awesome for buying stamps! In this trip alone, I bought three sets of stamps and I love them! This one will be great for adding borders to my scrapbook.

//two// This was a random purchase. It's a little heart box that I thought would be fun to decoupage someday. (See? I told you each trip is a surprise!)

//three// This calendar stamp is the second stamp that I bought. It didn't come with all twelve months, but you can't expect perfection at thrift stores. I'm still pretty excited about it.

//four// More stamps! This is a whole set of little alphabet letters! I totally scored with this one. After I bought it, I took them all out of the bag and went through the alphabet and was super excited (and surprised) when I discovered that it had all the letters! In addition to an exclamation point and a question mark!

//five// Books are also great to buy at thrift stores. Whenever I go on vacations, I like to bring a book I own so I don't have to worry about messing up any library books. And you can't turn down a book for 25 cents! Besides, Eragon by Christopher Paolini is a book I've been meaning to read.

//six// This was another surprise find. I don't know how to explain it other than it's like a crochet trim. I was thinking that it will look great sewn onto a bag or scarf or shirt. I haven't decided what to do with it yet but it's really cool. And I got four entire yards of it for only $4. I recently bought pom-pom trim at Joann's for a project and I was shocked by how expensive it was, so I think this was a pretty good deal.

//seven// I really like all of Sarah Dessen's books and she's written so many that I can almost always find one at the thrift store. I haven't read That Summer yet so I'm excited to bring it on an upcoming trip.

//eight// I love this jean vest! Jean jackets and vests can be surprisingly expensive in stores, so I was pretty excited when I found this one for less than $5.

//nine// I've been really into easy, comfortable dresses this summer. When I just don't feel like wearing pants/shorts, I can wear a comfy dress and still look presentable. This one was originally from Forever 21 and I got it for less than $5. I wore it today to church with my jean vest and it was perfect!

//ten// Last one! This was a random purchase, too. It's a bag of gold star confetti. I know I can find a use for it somewhere. (I don't know if you can tell, but the craft sections at thrift stores are my favorite!)

That's it! I hope this inspired you to try your luck at thrift shopping! I may do a post on the Dos and Don'ts of thrift shopping in the future, so stay tuned for that.

Let me know what you love buying at thrift stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment